These Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are oooey, gooey, and full of Pumpkin flavor. They are the perfect Fall dessert that takes only 30 minutes to make!
It is Fall and so I naturally gravitate towards all things pumpkin which is what inspired these vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. The combination of chocolate chips and pumpkin in a moist and melty cookie is what Fall dreams are made of.
One thing to note is these cookies are gooey and deliciously chewy from the consistency of the batter with the pumpkin puree added in just like my Pumpkin Blondies with White Chocolate Chunks.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- Nothing goes better together than Fall and pumpkin cookies!
- Like my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, they are loaded with chocolate chips!
- It only takes 30 minutes to whip these up!
Pumpkin Puree – That scrumptious pumpkin flavor that gives these cookies and my Pumpkin Spice Smoothie their taste!
Pumpkin Pie Spice – Essentially all the scents and flavors of Fall combined into one spice jar. Including but not limited to, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves.
Vegan Chocolate Chips – This is really the only ingredient that needs to be substituted in to make this recipe vegan.
For a full list of ingredients and amounts see the recipe card below.
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step #1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step #2: In a bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat the coconut oil, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
Step #3: Next, add in the molasses, coconut milk and pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
Step #4: In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pie spice.
Step #5: Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture and mix until fully combined.
Step #6: Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Step #7: Scoop about 2 Tablespoons worth of dough for each cookie onto your baking sheet, slightly flatten them on your non-stick cookie sheet.
Step #8: Top each cookie dough with extra chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Step #9: Finally serve and enjoy!
Be certain you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix! These are two different ingredients but can be mistaken for one another.
Do not stack the cookies when they come out of the oven. Instead, place them on top of parchment paper next to one another until they cool completely. This will keep them from sticking together from their oooey gooeyness.
If you are not on a strictly vegan diet then you can use any chocolate chips you prefer. I would recommend semi-sweet but you can also use milk or dark chocolate chips. With that being said, my favorite vegan chocolate chips are actually the Tollhouse Allergen Free chocolate chips. I can’t taste a difference and they’re free from all of the big allergens which is nice when it comes to baking on a specific diet.
Of course! Homemade pumpkin puree is always fresher in my opinion but you can also use canned pumpkin puree. Be sure that it’s the puree and not pumpkin pie filling!
You can store these cookies in an airtight container on your counter at room temperature for 2-3 days or up to 5 days in the fridge.
If you want to freeze these cookies, you can do so in your freezer for up to 2 months.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - solid
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk - unsweetened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat the coconut oil, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Next, add in the molasses, coconut milk and pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pie spice.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Then, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Next, scoop about 2 Tablespoons worth of dough for each cookie, slightly flatten them on your non-stick cookie sheet. You can also use parchment paper on your cookie sheet if you prefer.
- Top each cookie dough with extra chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Finally serve and enjoy!